Re: Bad Technothrillers (was nitrogen grenades)

Daniel Highlands wrote:

> > Never read a bad technothriller.  If it's that bad, I'll
> > throw it away,
> > recycle it or give it away rather than read it.  Now, for bad
> > movies, it's a
> > different story.
>
>         That's what I'm looking for ... What novels have you stopped reading and
> why.
> >
> > There are definitely some traits I don't like from a technothriller:
> >
> > * Technological leaps of faith (Orbital mind control lasers,
> > powered armor,
> > etc.)
> > * Unrealistic political situations (Cuba having a navy larger
> > than the 7th
> > Fleet)
> >
> > * Inaccurate factual descriptions ("thumbed the safety off
> > the Glock 20")
> >
> > * Incessant use of Save-the-world situations
> >
> > Anyone else care to add to the list?

Another one is Mission Impossible. After they get ambushed and the leader "dies" Tom
Cruise is sitting in the bolt hole with the eye candy (I forget her name) and he
says they have so many rounds for the Beretta and so many for the Sig... but they
both looked like they fired the same round to me...

S.