Re: Bad Technothrillers (was nitrogen grenades)

What about Payne Harrison? He wrote only 2 books that I know of and I only
have one of those. The books in question are Storming Intrepid and Thunder
on Erebus. Without meaning to spoil it for those who might be interested,
the Soviet Union (remember them?) steal a space shuttle...etc etc.

Then there's 'Weapon' by Robert Mason, the US army test an android who is
intelligent enough to realise how utterly crap war is and wants to be a
pacifist. There was a movie made of this, called 'Solo'...it was even worse
than the book...

Persoanlly I preferred Ralph Peter's 'The War in 2020'...at least he knows
how soldiers think :-)

Lee Williams.