Re: ME Firearms policy, round 2

> In my campaigns, I specifically push toward extreme
> realism.  It was my big push to add a "concealment"
> note on Rob Thomas' pistol listings (Note = M).
>
> In RPG terms, carrying a IMI Desert Eagle is often the
> same as carrying a Derringer.  Not with me.  I
> personally (IRL) carry a Glock 36.  It is extremely
> thin and compact, and a DREAM to carry compared to
> others.  I make my players conceal/carry something
> appropriate.
>
> On the idea of SMGs, it is the same.  You can't carry
> an SMG around on the street.  I am (and my players
> are) a big fan of tiny full auto versions of pistols
> because of this.  Glock 18s make appearances often.
> With http://www.fss-g.com/ my players have many
> options in this area.  The Ares Folding is also a
> consideration, if I allowed my players to get their
> hands on one ;-)
>
> I use SMGs in covert assaults and in special
> circumstances "in town" and only have assault rifles
> and heavy duty gear when "in the bush" and only with
> special authority when doing so.
>
> You can't do the Blackeagle/Blackeagle lifestyle and
> go to lavish parties with a canon bluntly showing
> through the tux under your armpit.

	This reminds me of the secons RPG session on ME
	I have been playing (as a player). In the first
	session characters fought their way through Miami
	heat, traffic and broken down elevators (some clowns
	in Cell 9 had attached that note on elevator on
	Johnson Tower) and make it to first work day...
	and then fight against fax machine, photocopier
	and Windows to survive the first day.

	The second session was first 'real' session. Ie.
	characters have been working for a major retailer
	for a week making security inspection and writing
	a suggestion report of things to be done. With the
	report done before deadline (aren't we little ass
	kissers?) the security boss of retailer asks if BE
	team who did it to give it to him in a boat they
	have hired to have officeparty.

	One player (total moron) makes sure his character
	puts on bodyarmor (in Miami heat?) and 9mm gun on
	shoulder holster (for night club?) and suit to
	cover it on (for fashion sense?). Others (including
	my character) put on jacket and tie and company
	credit card to wallet. Guess who faints in the
	boat for heat while others have fun with secretaries
	and cashier girls telling funny stories of what it is
	to move to live in Miami and go for a restaurant tour
	in a city for the night...

	A good GM could and indeed should gently guide
	players to realise things their characters should
	know, or learn at least, fast...