Re: Alarming statistics.

CamaroGen1@aol.com writes
>          The mere presence of your pistol, IMHO, is the same as the
>    doctor
>    practicing his "skills".  The point is ACCIDENTAL deaths.....the
>    MISUSE of
>    skills.  i think what we are saying is that Doctors are
>    STATISTICALLY more
>    likely to cause an accidental death than a gun-owner.
>          Carrying/owning a gun serves the same as a doctor working a
>    10 hour
>    shift in the ER

I can't disagree more. Carrying a gun equates more closely to a doctor
being 'on call': not actually practising, but ready to do so.
Only drawing the gun to clean it or use it on the range or to show it to
next door neighbours baby equates to the doctor going into surgery.

--
Mark Baker
http://www.lange.demon.co.uk/Millenniums_End/ME_Index.html