Re: Cool silk

Joni Virolainen wrote:

> Thanks for the info! I have only weared a Kevlar vest once, just to try it
> on, but it didn't feel too breathing cloth. So, when the perspiration moves
> to cool silk, it still have to evaporate out of it, otherwise it soaks the
> silk, right? How does the perspiration get out of the cool silk then? Does
> the Kevlar breath enough or does the sweat go through arm and neck openings?
> I hope you understood my meaning.

It wicks through the openings that are along any garment, out through the neck,
the arm holes and the bottom of the waist, as well as the pinch points where the
armour overlaps at the sides and most importantly, along the ridges in the shirt
where it finds its way along said ridges and out through the openings where the
air is moving.

S.

When something wicks, it is just like the wick of a lantern, where the oil moves
along the wick and then out the top, but in this case it is sweat and not
lantern oil!