Re: Paintball

festusdirk@urbia.de wrote:

> Zitiere Roger Burton West <roger@firedrake.org>:
> > I agree; it really points up the value of (a)
> training in tactical
> > situations and (b) training as a unit.
>
> what drove me out of paintballing was the high munchkin
> potential: in the group i played with some guys started
> to buy motordriven autoloaders, Grenades and other
> stuff like that. imho overkill tactics arenīt that
> useful if you arenīt training for flanders trenches.

With today's markers being able to pop about 13 shots per second (yes,
even with a non-electropneumatic semiautomatic marker), motorized
loaders are needed to keep the paint feeding into the marker at the
needed rate. Otherwise, people would just be shooting air.

I fully realize that people want to get the best marker possible, one
that would make them be able to shoot further, faster, and (possibly)
more accurately. However, all the bells and whistles don't make up for
skill. There have been many a time when someone with a souped-up Angel
electropneumatic marker (pumping out at least 13 balls per second just
on semi-auto, don't know about full auto firing) gets tagged out with
one shot from someone with a pump action marker. Things like that happen
all the time. It's not the amount of paint you can put out, it's all
location location location!

-- tengu (paintball player for four years, using a Spyder, Tipmann Pro
Carbine, and a Sheridan pump)

--
tengu@concentric.net