Re: [ME]: Satellite Broadcasting?

--- "Robert J. Hansen" <rjhansen@inav.net> wrote:
> Let's think about it for a moment.  If you're a
> terrorist who's going to
> go to the trouble to commandeer a satellite signal
> to make sure your
> message gets broadcast to the world, aren't you
> going to have a
> conspirator in some remote location (let's say
> Juneau, Alaska, for sake
> of argument), watching the TV just to make sure the
> authorities are
> letting your broadcast go on?  That means the
> instant your signal gets
> cut off, <I>regardless of whether or not you fool
> the ground station
> into thinking it's broadcasting,</I> there's going
> to be a phone call
> coming in from Juneau, Alaska saying "hey, guys,
> you're off the air and
> I'm watching <I>One Life to Live</I> again".

You are assuming that the phone is going to work.

Here are my assumptions.

1. The terrorists will not have their broadcast
transmitted.  It will be looped back to the station
and not broadcasted.

2. All wired transmissions would be terminated as
well.  This is standard procedure in hostage
situations and standoffs.

In this situation, I would assume that if the
terrorists want things to work in their favor, they'll
have TWO extremely hard missions.  The terrorists
would need a second location that is valuable enough
to force the satellite transmission from being cut,
and far enough away to confirm that the transmission
is being sent.

It is my assumption that the second target be nuclear
of some sort.  Probably a reactor in France...

I'm not stupid... I have a criminal mind and could be
considered one of those wily terrorists if it weren't
for my moral character ;-)

I actually have access to people that can supply me
with all the information we could ever need to know
about satellites, satellite transmissions, etc.
Patience ;-)  After getting this info, and cleaning it
up so it actually can't be used by anyone to actually
steal a satellite, I'll write it up.