Re: [ME]: Satellite Broadcasting?

> You are assuming that the phone is going to work.

What's so hard about that?  I pick up the phone, I get a dial tone, I call
my friends all the time.  What, is the phone going to magically /stop/
working because it knows I'm planning on using it for evil?

> Here are my assumptions.
>
> 1. The terrorists will not have their broadcast
> transmitted.  It will be looped back to the station
> and not broadcasted.

Good luck.  Because as soon as it's /not/ being transmitted, the terrorists
will know it and that might cause them to do something even more dramatic.

> 2. All wired transmissions would be terminated as
> well.  This is standard procedure in hostage
> situations and standoffs.

No it's not.  Ref: my earlier message about psychopaths who hijack the
evening news.  The standard policy is to keep the cameras rolling and to do
everything possible to keep the HT calm.  If the HT sees people cutting
transmissions, that makes the HT antsy, and you don't want to make an armed
HT antsy.

> In this situation, I would assume that if the
> terrorists want things to work in their favor, they'll
> have TWO extremely hard missions.  The terrorists

Your assumption isn't worth much.