Re: Terrorist attack on the USA

----Original Message Follows----
Roger Stenning wrote:
Roger may I ask you something??

 > Don;t forget: The 767/757 family of commercial aircraft are amongst
 > the most popular with airlines the world over, so access to training
 > facilities using them would be fairly simple to arrange. Also, as has
 > been mentioned, Bin Laden has access to a large amount of funding

Bin Laden has a vast fortune tied up in Construction and more importantly an
advanced telecommunications firm.

(How, I don't know, so don't ask. I was a T.A. Military Policeman, not

 > a spook!), so actually sending his kamikazis through flight school
 > wouldn't be that hard to believe. They'd be paying customers, wouldn't
 > they?

Getting to the point where a bloke with 300 hours saunters up and asks for
flight certs on B757/767 and hands over a mountain of cash (US$150,000)
should raise a few eyebrows with our good friends in the FAA/MoT/DoT or
whatever it is where you may be...

 > Multi-engine ratings only, unless they just waited until the a/c was
 > in the air, which appears to be the most likely situation.

I have to agree with you Rog. The majority of Multi Engine rating time is
done on one engine (oddly enough I happen to have a rating...). All these
blokes would really need to know once in the air is where the gear switch,
throttles and flaps are. Flying the monster is akin to flying an arcade
game. Bloody hell, they could might well have been trained on
MSFlight2000Pro. Those of you with the right attachments look it up.... Get
a fast computer and the program, load up a 757/767 patch and set it up from
say... Boston and go for a flight.

As for the rest, sorry mate... I'm in Other Rob's boat.

S.

P.S. Whitehorse was nothing... lost pilot with a warning light and a failed
comm system.... apparently.

--
Millennium's End list: mail millenniums-end-l-request@firedrake.org with