The Shadow War

I hope that I do not bore everyone here, but here are
my feelings on things.

I am a military brat raised by a man deeply rooted
within the world of "crypto" during the Cold War.
Moving around and knowing what is going on in the
world was not an option.  Worldly education and
knowledge was manditory.

My religion is from my mother's values of service and
honor, from her noble Japanese family.  I was placed
in extremely traditional "martial/social philosophy"
school early, and learned values of pacifism and
servitude.

Throughout all of my upbringing, I was taught to not
think of myself as an American, but to think like a
citizen of the world.  I believe this makes me unlike
the typical "American" that others see in the
tourists.  Humble is not weak.  Humble is respectful.
Power must be balanced with humility.

My biggest fear in this "New War" is how Americans are
so easily distracted.  What price are we willing to
pay in this Shadow War?  This war won't be waged and
won in a month, like the war with Iraq.  What price
are we willing to pay in a righteous cause?  How many
of our sons, daughters, mothers and fathers will be
martyred in this war?

I say that the right decision is always costly.  I
have my 10-week-old son in my hands and know that he
will likely serve in this Shadow War.  I feel that
this is the new 30-years war.  Do I offer up my own
son for this war?  I must say Yes.  My greatest
potential loss for this greatest cause.