Re: Why the F*CK did they do that??

Rob -

> More than that, too, wasn't there?  I seem to recall a Prince's Gate
> incident (or something like that) where terrorists took hostages.
> The UK ramped up the psychological pressure and finally publically
> confirmed that the SAS were mobilized and were en route.

It was nothing like Princes Gate.

The only incident where the SAS have been publicly involved on the UK mainland in recent years was an incident involving
a hijacked airliners, which was diverted to Stanstead airport. The 'hostages' and 'hijackers' would appear to have been
closely related or known to one another, and there was, it turns out, little chance that anyone would have been harmed;
all involved were from IIRC Afghanistan (topical, right now no?). SAS deployed to assault positions, whereupon the
persons aboard the airliner surrendered to the authorities, and immediately this happend, the asylum requests began to
flow in from them. Mass migration, I suppose.

> The terrorists surrendered without a shot fired once they heard the
> SAS was coming in.

All pre-planned, it now transpires.

> That's an extreme example of the effectiveness of psychological
> warfare, and also goes to show the UK has a history of confirming SAS
> operations when it is psychologically effective to do so.c

They wanted to know we were serious about internal security, is what I've heard.

The deployment at Princes gate, btw, was the result of harm to hostages., whereupon the 'go' order was given. No release
was issued for Stanstead, as no harm had come to 'hostages'; Police were the only agency that came into contact in the
immediate event of the 'surrender'. SpecFor melted away like ghosts, once the actual level of threat was determined.

Psyops, yeah; it works, but it's a double-edged sword, folks.

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Organiser, The Impossible Scenarios Group
www.the-isg.co.uk
ICQ: 74721632
UK Amateur Radio call sign: G1LIW
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message
may not be those of the ISG. The information in this email and
in any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or
use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
its content to any other person - you should also destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify
the sender immediately.