Running the games (WAS: Re: ISG)

Gurth (and anyone else who plays the adventures I write/run) -

> It should serve as a good warning not to say "Oh, fuck him, he's just a
> German..." within earshot of a German police officer :) (Even if you meant
> it as a comment to the _player_ sitting beside you *grin*)

Spot on! [evil chuckle]

A house rule I tend to follow when running games, is that *anything* that is said (or done), provided that it is not
said as an out-of-character comment (or action), is said (or done) by the character *right there and then*, and by gum,
that rule has provided some bloody funny moments over the years!

*ESPECIALLY* when the player hasn't thought before acting!

Typical comments and actions: (to another player, as an aside, it later transpired) "Oh, sod it, I'll butt-whip the git.
That'll take 'im out, and stop his incessant whinging!" Result: Dead NPC, PC on the run for murder, Player complaining
(albeit not too strongly) once caught by the security forces: "But it was a JOKE!". Naturally, the PC was in deep do-do
at the time!

Not one of mine, but a bloody funny FLW (Famous Last Words): "Aw, f*ck off, you tentacle-faced wan-" (to a Cuthulu (sp?)
creature)...!

You get the idea. Creative confusion, I call it, LOL!

Anyone else got similar happenings/events they wanna share (It's on-topic, as it's to do with running the games, ok?)?

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Organiser, The Impossible Scenarios Group
www.the-isg.co.uk
ICQ: 74721632
UK Amateur Radio call sign: G1LIW
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message
may not be those of the ISG. The information in this email and
in any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or
use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
its content to any other person - you should also destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify
the sender immediately.