Re: Driving in Europe. was: John Walker: What Charges, who'll try him.

Allo Ann

In denmark it is illegal AFAIK - I don't have a law book right beside me
but I am as sure as I can ever be. And I think that it is illegal to doe
in any other contry, after all you have to abide the laws of the contry
you are in and not you own contry laws:-)
It is also like a 15 year old here in denmark my buy booze(and drink it),
but if I remember correctly in the US you have to be 21... so you have
to abide the laws of the contry you are in and not where you are comming
from.

Hope this helps.

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 15:25:05 -0500
" Ann" <annfranchi@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Before going to Europe I can obtain an International Driver's License with
> my valid US driver's license - a reciprocal agreement.
>
> Hypothetical case:  Man, woman, two children (19 and 17) all legal drivers
> in the US, are planning a trip to Europe.  They will rent a car and tour
> without a schedule, seeing as many countries as they can, sharing the
> driving chores.
>
> Since both children are legal to drive in the US, are they also both legal
> to drive in Europe?  All countries?  Some countries?  How can I find out?
>
> (Since the family vanishes somewhere on route and BlackEagle/BlackEagle is
> hired by the kids' grandparents to find them, this information might be
> important ...  <G>)
>
> Ann

Dann Ernstsen
Vanløse Alle 22, 3 tv