Re: Driving in Europe. was: John Walker: What Charges, who'll try him.

>>in the US you can drive a car when you're 16, but here in Europe, the
>>minimum
>>age is 18; does that mean that every US citizen who's under 18 but has a
>>driver's license gets to appear in court when they come to a European
>>country?

Before going to Europe I can obtain an International Driver's License with
my valid US driver's license - a reciprocal agreement.

Hypothetical case:  Man, woman, two children (19 and 17) all legal drivers
in the US, are planning a trip to Europe.  They will rent a car and tour
without a schedule, seeing as many countries as they can, sharing the
driving chores.

Since both children are legal to drive in the US, are they also both legal
to drive in Europe?  All countries?  Some countries?  How can I find out?

(Since the family vanishes somewhere on route and BlackEagle/BlackEagle is
hired by the kids' grandparents to find them, this information might be
important ...  <G>)

Ann