Re: So why Millennium's End?

Shawn Mulock writes:

 In my humble opinion, the system we have grown here is better than
> (Prepare for the flames, Shawn) that of D&D 3e. The problem is, they have
> better artists and marketers than we could ever hope for. I mean, this baby
> took on a life of its own. She evolved, faster and smoother than just about
> every system I have ever played, in my opinion. In summary I believe; those
> who have evolved the game, building house rules which have been adopted by
> many, did a better job of it (for no reward other than the work itself) than
> those who work on games professionally have done with massive resource.

Actually, there is no comparison from ME to D&D 3e.  My group plays 3e
almost every week, and its fun, but.....unfortunatly most of my group does
not want to "branch out", all they want to do is D&D.  3e is a great
system, leaps and bounds over previous editions, streamlining the system
and allowing for more customization, no two fighters are the same anymore.
HOWEVER, it is highly unrealistic, i fail to see how someone can get hit by
a sword 8 times, and still be just as effective with his own weapons.  ME
is great because combat, when it happens, is gritty and dangerouos, just
like real life.  In short, my life would be perfect if i could play D&D
twice a month, and ME twice a month!

Benjamin