Re: So why Millennium's End?

According to CHam628781@aol.com, on Sun, 31 Mar 2002 the word on the street was...

> Agreed, but it's a comparison of chalk and cheese. If I was developing a
> (don't laugh) D20 ME then it would necessarily have HP - I could go with
> wound points a la D20 "Star Wars". Of course they wouldn't go up with
> level so you'd always remain vulnerable to wounds. If your HP were 10 and
> a weapon did 3d6 damage then a hit has a very good chance of killing you.

One way I thought of to fix this, was to apply the rules for 50+ HP damage to
_all_ wounds, instead of only to really big ones. Do away with a character's hit
points altogether, but do roll for damage when they get hit. Then make them roll
a Fortitude save against, say, (10+damage dealt) to see if they survive or not.

I guess it'd still break down with high-level characters, though, as the damage
they deal out doesn't go up at the same rate as their Fortitude saves. (But if it
did, there'd be no point in being high-level anyway...)

--
Gurth@xs4all.nl        -        http://www.xs4all.nl/~gurth/index.html
  Dat is de kip voor het ei spannen.

GC3.12: GAT/! d- s:- !a>? C++@ UL+ P(+) L++ E W--(++) N o? K w(--) O
V? PS+ PE@ Y PGP- t@ 5++ X(+) R+++$ tv+(++) b++@ DI- D+ G+ e h! !r y?
Incubated into the First Church of the Sqooshy Ball, 21-05-1998