Re: So why Millennium's End?

In a message dated 3/29/02 10:33:09 PM, ben@millenniumsend.com writes:

<< I agree, to get people interested, run them through a seek and destroy in
Afghanistan, let them get really close to UBL, now there's a nemisis!! LOL
Also, i have almost definatly decided to run a ME game at DunDraCon next
year.  DunDraCon is held every year at the San Ramon Marriot in San Ramon,
CA which is approx. 30 miles east of SF.  Hopefully, there will be some
turn out.

I did this in my convention Top Secret/SI (old long out of print TSR game,
makes ME look like it's still in print, but the campaign that I've been
running has been going since mid80's) last Fall.  The Project Omega
organization commited as massive force into Afghanistan (120 Troopers+air
Assets, etc...), on September 15th, with the goal of capturing BL.  The PC
controleed team, had the job of hitting a US designed command center.  He
wasn't found, and overall the Project troops took 35.2% WIA & 22.5% KIA.  So
yes running in games based onreal world can be helpful to get interest in
older systems.

DOC Agren