Re: OT posts, an answer, and my sarcasm button (you asked...!)

> >         Is this a gun discussion list?  What does this thread have to do

More for Manu than you, Roger, but...

The Millennium's End mailing list has, from its very earliest days, been a
community--not a subject.  As such, while there are certain things which are
always on topic for the list (discussion of the ME game and world), there
are very few subjects which are absolutely off topic for the list (general
political rants, etc.).

> > with gaming or running ME?  I thought OT posts were verboten - it's
seems
> > like that's true only for certain people.        - Manu

OT posts are not verboten.  OC (Off-Community) posts certainly are.  When
Jeff Pawlowski's family grew (how's the little tyke doing, incidentally,
Jeff?), the list was swamped with congratulatory mails.  When I was heading
to England last year, other people on this list volunteered to pick me up at
Heathrow, toss back pints with me, take me airsofting, and more.

If your post is of interest to the community, it is absolutely not
verboten--in fact, please share it.  Now, as it so happens, many of us on
the list are firearms enthusiasts--so yes, we can get into long discussions
about whether Remington Golden Sabres or Ranger SXTs are the optimal
hollowpoint for defensive use, even though in game terms they have the exact
same DD.

> [sarcasm mode engaged]

Oh, this one is shaping up to be lovely.  When Roger engages the Sarcasm
Switch, those of us fortunate enough to be innocent bystanders can either
take notes for future sarcastic engagements, or else hold a marshmallow
roast around the flames while singing campfire songs.  :)

Everybody, all together now: "Kum Bay Yah, My Lord... Kum Bay Yah..."

> we say, shite... it'd probably MISS the barn door in question, at point
> blank range...

It'd miss the barn even if the shooter was inside it.  :)