Stop: AK-47 Operation Question Answered

--- dreamofpeace@juno.com wrote:

>         Is this a gun discussion list?  What does this thread have to do
> with gaming or running ME?  I thought OT posts were verboten - it's seems
> like that's true only for certain people.        - Manu

On this note, I would like to say that everyone has answered my question
thoroughly.  Ironically, looking up the RPK open/closed bolt issue in my small
library, they had severl good pictures of AK-47 and variants with the selector
switch in the safe position, which further answered my question.

Everyone, stop replying to this inquiry.

On the note of this topic being something that should be on this list, I'm
doing research comparing the M-14 and FN-FAL, M-16, M-4, AK-47, AKM, and AK-74
in a fully detailed history.  It starts from the end of WWII, a study of
ammunition used during WWII, including the 8mm Kurz (7.92x33), as it goes
through the M1943, NATO 7.62, NATO 5.56, and 5.45x39.5mm, and the rifles that
are used to fire them.

Quite an interesting story actually.  It will be one of my essays for the
MillenniumsEnd.com website since it needs serious submissions to take the place
of not having the weapon updates from Rob Thomas any longer.

It has also lead me down a road to wanting to lay hands on an AR-18.  I've
fired all the weapons I'm writing about, but something intrigues me about an
"AK'ed" AR-15.  Can you imagine piston driven gas versus the direct gas and
stamped steel versus milled?  Very intriguing indeed.

"I don't want to watch a movie about a guy that has trouble saying 'I love you' unless he's been shot in the face."  -- Ray, Everybody Loves Raymond.