Re: OT posts

dreamofpeace@juno.com writes:

> Hello,
>
>         I'm completely confused now.  You seem to be saying - and this is
> honestly how I'm reading what you wrote, not some of sort of rhetorical
> device - that you won't allow messages containing leftist content, but
> will allow messages containing rightist content.  Am I reading you
> correctly?  I trust that I'm not, but can use an explanation.
>         I want to make one thing clear: I am perfectly willing and able
> to abide by a standard that says, "no specifically non-game related
> political posts".  Fine, a great rule.  I support it.  But then I expect
> to be shown the same courtesy.  For example, what you wrote below about
> the Geneva Conventions is not something I want to read on this list - it
> raises my blood pressure and makes me want to respond to it with a
> non-game related political rant.  But if I did, I would be ruled OT and
> told to cease and desist.  This is exactly my problem with this list: I'd
> like to read it to relax, maybe learn interesting things about guns,
> maybe even discuss gaming.  But I can't do that while being constantly
> subjected to political views I find offensive *and* that I'm unable to
> respond to.
>         My question is simple: why can't we *all* agree to keep the
> politics off the list, and spend the time discussing other interesting
> things (like guns & games)?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Manu

The point we all have to realize is this;  the game that we discuss closely
mirrors the real world, therefore, some political discussion is perfectly
relevant to the discussion of the game.  What Roger does is determine when
it has completely left nay discussion of the game behind, and I agree with
a previous poster, he does a good job of sorting.
  Another thing to remeber is that everyone doesn;t agree with everyone
else all the time, its life, we need to deal with it.  For instance, most
people have the OPINION that the Glock is a wonderful pistol.  I disagree,
i prefer the Berretta line, but having someone tell me how much they love
their Glock doesn;t offend me, they're entitled to their opinion.
   There, slightly off topic, but, hey, its just one=)

here's someone ON topic to gravitate back to the game!!
What happened to the submissions for the scenario in the amusment park?
Did anyone actually get a finalized scenario for that in?  I was looking a
little through the websites but didn;t see anything.

Benjamin