Researching for MillenniumsEnd.com Essay

I'm working on an essay for the group to define the terms that are used to
describe firearms characteristics.

I'm working on one particular definition and cannot find anything substantial.
What does "Alloy-Forged" really mean?  It is used by Colt to describe their
AR-15.

The other types of construction/manufacturing for weapons seems to be
milled/machined and stamped, which I have a very good grasp on already.  Am I
missing any other forms of manufacture?

What I gathered from "Alloy-Forged" is that a super heated chunk of metal is
pressed into a form/cast by hydraulic machinery, to form the shape, usually
taking several slamming of the metal into the cast to make the final shape.  Is
this correct?

"I don't want to watch a movie about a guy that has trouble saying 'I love you' unless he's been shot in the face."  -- Ray, Everybody Loves Raymond.