Re: SCHOOLS GE

> As charracter creation is strongly based on the US
schooling system, I
> wonder if at least a ML member is interested to build
a:
>  "Graduation/Age" table for the different country
represented in this ML.

nice idea. germany this time:

> Age    School/Degree
> 3-6        Pre-Elementary
>                mainly a kindergarden.
this is not mandatory, some children will join even
earlier
> 6-10       Elementary School
  6-12        in some german states
>                read/write at 7.
> 11-15/18   Secondary school
             (almost half of the pupils add one or
two                  years by repeating classes)
               After finishing 9 years at school you
can                enter in the professional world as
an                    "Azubi: Auszubildender", payment
varies                   between neglectable
(tailors,      hairdressers) and some 1.600DM/month
(scaffolders) and    spend between 2 and 3,5 years in a
job/school mix.

more years/classes solved (up to 13) gives more access
to university studies. these vary greatly by university
and personal profile . in theorie a engineer may hit the
market with 21 years, but most students finish (or drop
out) somewhere around 25 to 27.

> Military Service:
> mandatory for males [in theory. if you´re lucky (many
students are) you don´t get drafted)]
about one year armed forces or civil services: nursing
jobs, daycare for old or disabled, you name it...

career military: officers usually sign for 12 years,
forces pay a university,

 enlisted from  2 years up in a kind of
promotion-or-leave-way, after 8 years (thats sergeant
and above) you have the right to change in another state
service or (usually from 3 and more years on) you´re
teached a useful civilian job.

the german higher education system isn´t easy
understandable. feel free to ask me for details
off-list.

festus

Diese Mail wurde von http://www.urbia.de (we are family )
durch IMP (http://www.horde.org) versandt .