Re: South African BE Office?

In a message dated 3/9/2001 2:27:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
blackeagleblackeagle@yahoo.com writes:

> Are you saying, "keep Singapore and add New Delhi", or
> are you saying, "use New Delhi instead of Singapore?"

Keep Singapore and plan on New Delhi for a near future expansion.

> New Delhi is the capital, but it is also very far
> inland.  Any thoughts and/or research on Calcutta?  It
> is on the coast and pushed over to the east on the
> border with Bangladesh.

New Delhi's location makes it advantageous to operations in the middle east
and former Russian republics and no problem for Bangladesh.  Myanmar and
points east could be handled from Singapore.

> Johannesburg/Pretoria is larger, but Capetown has more
> history.  What is more important?  I think it would be
> very cool to have the office in the northern part of
> Johannesburg nearer to Pretoria (the capital).

The customer base is better in Johannesburg.  For ambiance I would prefer
Durban to Capetown.