Re: [ME] Re: Crippled US EP-3

--- "Robert J. Hansen" <rjhansen@inav.net> wrote:
> Because the EP-3 crew has protocols that it follows
> in the event that
> capture is likely.  Electronic data can be erased;
> papers can be burned;
> hard drives thrown out the side of the plane.  It's
> pure speculation at
> this point, but I speculate that we'll discover the
> EP-3 crew destroyed
> the most sensitive information prior to landing.

The reports say that they did not even START
destroying sensative material until they were on the
ground.  So much for protocols.

There is also a great deal of sea out there.  I'm not
suggesting that they ride the plane down.  They could
have gotten most of the crew out in parachutes and
aimed the plane out into oblivion.  I don't know if
crew of this sort of plane is issued parachutes,
however.

As for knowing the harsh realities of high impacts
with water, I've done survival training with Air Force
and Navy pilots.  Water ditches are supposed to be the
scariest things they train you on.