Re: New Life for Millennium's End

Shawn Mulock wrote:

> Brian McDonald wrote:
>
> > For my 2 cents worth.
> > there are two things about ME that have always made me a bit buggy well a lot
> > buggy.
> >
> > first the rules for hand grenades are ludicrous.  even in the movies the damn
> > things just aren't that lethal.
>
> I agree, they are a bit far fetched, any blasts I have seen have been relatively
> localized... Check out Virtual Pender's site... he has a fairly decent answer, but
> to be honest they have yet to come up in my game.

i heartily agree and commend the various people who have home cooked rules to deal with
these problems.  I very nearly lost the first ME char i had in the first scenario
because while prone i tossed a grenade at some guards and a dog 15 m from me.  the
grenade landed about 13 m from me and 2 m short of the guards.  i laid back down on the
ground after sitting up to make the toss ( i was tangled in a parachute at the time).
I was utterly horrified by the results.  I took exactly the same amount of damage as
the standing chaps 2m from the grenade.

> > second the rules on scoped rifles are desperately wonky.  Scopes are simply not
> > that effective.  Under the current rules they are nearly omnipotent.
> >

> As for the omnipotence of telescopic sights, you should take a look at the data in
> Mr. Pawlawski's site... I just remove the values for the iron(fixed) sights and add
> the accuracy value for the scope/laser sight. He even considers that with certain
> telescopic sights you loose the "big picture" and thusly suffer a penalty to your
> Perception (Important when looking for the next target).
>
> What can I say? I am a fan of these sites.... they have done some good work...

the problem isn't with the "fixed" rules its with the core assumptions about how things
work.  We had a rabid gun bunny who possessed a barret and was really fond of it.  He
stuck a 24x scope on the thing.  At that point he had no real trouble pulling head
shots at ridiculous ranges (1000m +).  It got to be a running joke in the game.

they might also want to take another look at how bullets interact with body armour.