Re: New Life for Millennium's End

Brian McDonald <Brian_mcdonald@uniserve.com> writes
> I very nearly lost the first ME char i had in the first scenario
> because while prone i tossed a grenade at some guards and a dog 15 m
> from me.  the grenade landed about 13 m from me and 2 m short of the
> guards.  i laid back down on the ground after sitting up to make the
> toss ( i was tangled in a parachute at the time).
> I was utterly horrified by the results.  I took exactly the same
> amount of damage as the standing chaps 2m from the grenade.

I use a simple modifier based on the distance from the epicentre of the
explosion myself - half blast radius=half the trauma level, two-thirds
blast radius away=one third the trauma level. Even so, explosives are
still very deadly: "don't use the frags" is fast becoming a catchprase
at GenCon UK games.

I had one of the characters caught between two remotely-triggered anti-
tank mines at GenCon last year: even allowing for the fact that most of
the blast was focused upwards, and he was partly protected by the engine
block of the car he was driving, the total trauma level was 48 to the
head (the part of his body not protected by the car he was in). To add
insult to injury, the other characters used a thermite grenade on his
remains, just to ensure that identification was impossible and there
would be no leads back to them.

--
Mark Baker
http://www.lange.demon.co.uk/Millenniums_End/ME_Index.html