Re: [OT] flash n stuff - style over substance ?

Blatant expression of personal opinion follows:

IMO, a computer is a tool which _I_ employ to do things with.

As long as the tool I am using does what I want it to do, with a minimum
of fuss, why should I get all the fancy upgrades, just to satisfy some
else's ego or wallet?

Most of the information on the web is available in more than one place -
if I don't like a site (or the attitude of a site) I can usualy get waht
I['m loking for somewhere else.  IMO, those 'f-u' sites are the losers -
if I can't access it, I won't go back.  (And that mostly goes for sites
that insist on launching IE when I click in, even though a perfectly good
version of Netscape (4.7 currently - 6.0 just arrived and will be
installed as soon as I can sort out the Go!Zilla problem) is already up
and running.

No flames please - this is just my opinion.  <G>

Ann