Re: "official" german ranges (wasRe: Effective L85/6 ...)

festusdirk@urbia.de wrote:

> havenīt found out about the kalashnikov, which was used
> in great numbers in eastern units of the reunified
> bundeswehr, but i remember them to be rather
> short-ranged. official east german designation was even
> "maschinenpistole".

There is a reason the fire selectors are set to go from Safe to Auto to Semi
Auto...

In the hands of a "Marksman" it is relatively accurate out to around 350m
(according to an ex-Czech Paratrooper associate of mine). But in the hands
of your average conscript, I bet it would be around 200m at best.

How goes the integration of the two forces, by the way?

S.