Re: Starting equipment

At 21:05 15/11/01 +0100, you wrote:
Allo All

I would like to get some comments on what is missing in this firm
starter kit.
My idea with the following list of equipment is, that it is given to
every new starting person in the firm and like the basic equipment
cop/solder would get.
Note that the equipment is not for the firm BE/BE, but it should be
useble in a BE/BE setting.

I've followed this thread a bit and would make a few suggestions to ponder.  Perhaps loosely speaking the loadout could be dictated by the skills of the operatives and their intent on the ground.  Tactical; Gunner = Minimi (SAW) , Scout = MP5SD, Grenadier = M4/M203, others = M4, or the M4 exchanged for MP5A3, snipers a dedicated weapon there.  Pistols should be standard issue, and most likely standard cal.  But again the idea is to avoid that expensive duplication. It should be easy enough to hold enough weapons in the Armoury for everyone in different requirements without going overboard and having masses of arms.

Woodland would be exchanged for other patterns around the globe, that goes without saying.  But the point that did strike me was the ALICE stuff.  Good for standardization but perhaps some civilian model might be a better bet, especially for some missions where the military aspect might want to be avoided.  Also many civilian packs etc are much better quality at not much greater cost.  But bulk buy is a wonderful thing :)

Still we do have standardization issues, but in a Coy of say 100 people it might not be a worry.

And yeap - duct tape is VITAL :)
Also be sure to add a SwissTool or Leatherman or whatever you fancy multi-tool.  They are a God send, even after all your kit has been lost to those attack dogs or is taking a lovely trip down that raging river...
Disposable Lighter / several meters of paracord, 2-4 garbage bags and a whistle, small items but all very useful for many things.  But I'm not sure if there is a standard survival kit there or what that God Forbid kit has in it.  Still I like the sound of it.

A lot of gear would be mission specific so to org' the gear from this is what everyone has' and into different tac / op areas might have with the organisation.  Plus it forces you to think of those specific areas so you don't forget anything.

Everyone should have a secret code book' to burn if they get compromised :)

Just some ideas.  Hope this helps rather than hiders the thought problems mate.

Best regards,

Leon "Junior" Harrison

Tarrackin's Home Scroll
http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/juni0r/