Re: OT posts, an answer, and my sarcasm button (you asked...!)

I'm running some recent posts through the same filter I'd normally apply
to list posts, to give an example...

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 06:08:04PM -0700, dreamofpeace@juno.com wrote:
>Hello,
>
>        OK, if those are the standards, I can accept them; thanks for the
>clarification.  But I maintain that it's only fair if *all* political
>speech is kept out.  My impression is that only (or mostly) the
>expression of political opinions from the left have been repudiated,
>while right wing views (for example, contempt for the Geneva Conventions)
>are routinely expressed with approbation.

This post is off-topic.

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 11:42:26PM -0500, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
>To that, I have this to say:
>
>1.  Life isn't fair.
>
>2.  What is permitted on the list, by the listmaster, is not the same as
>that which the community will permit.  This does not make us fascists,
>hypocrites, or autocrats.  It just means we're a community.

This post is _also_ off-topic. :-)

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 05:28:23AM +0000, Matt_Da_Mann Lennane wrote:
>War is hell, a "Humane" war will be every one plays a game of cards, like
>snap, gee wouldn't that be nice.

This post isn't off-topic because it has some relevance to the game -
dealing with the behaviour of people in actions similar to those
encountered in the game.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 08:04:13AM -0000, emil@iversen.as wrote:

>I agree with manu being something of a leftist. but I also believe that rules in
>war aren't always that easy to follow :) the best thing to do is to keep
>political discussions off list, that way no one is offended. Stick to my policy,
>wich is to never discuss politics with your friends unless they share your
>opinions. works for me, I got lots of right wing conservative friends.

This post is off-topic.

Does this make the policy clearer? Manu, if you want to post something
that's _relevant to the game_ and has a left-wing-ish viewpoint - in
that order of priority - I shall happily let it go through.

When you post game-relevant information, I don't do anything about it;
that's the way things are supposed to work. When you post propaganda
and links to propaganda, I object. (That's "you" as in everyone here,
by the way. Including me - if you guys don't like my actions as a list
member, rather than as a list owner, tell me so.)

The only other time I kill discussions is when I start to see
unsubscription requests. Not everybody posts a "goodbye to the list".

--
Roger Burton West - roger@firedrake.org - gamer since 1984
http://firedrake.org/roger/rpg/