Re: ME: Posting

OK.  what I meant was, for each individual posting to the list to add the
ME: tag in the subject line, not for the list itself to include it.
Sorry that wasn't clear - it really _was_ late when I posted!

My email program sorts by headers only - the headers offered are From
Subject Date and Status.  When I click on Subject it sorts all the
messages in either ascending or descending alphabetical order by subject
- thus ME: Posting comes before Perspex closing soon.  Sometimes lo-ng
before.  If Perspex etc were ME: Perspex etc, it would come before ME:
Posting, and would be in the general class of messages beginning ME: -
therefore all messages about Perspex etc. would be in the same place, and
if I needed to refer to them, I'd have them all together to refer to.

Unfortunately, the only way I can change the subject matter in a message
is to forward it to myself and add the change before I send it.

By 'real email client' I assume you mean one that requires that my
computer be permanently joined at the hip to the Internet at all times -
sorry, not an option.  I cannot tie up my only phone line for something
that is (in this case) no more than a convenience.  Nor can I afford a
second phone line.  I made a suggestion that I thought might help those
of us that would like the messages identified by the list they came from,
(for speed and ease of answering) but I can certainly live without the
identifier if this List no longer has one.  Not a problem.

thanks for listening,

Ann