Re: FBI re-evaluation of issue weapons ->Re: Armored cars

Von Benjamin Lott :

<snip>

>         Yes, good idea, since every agency, local and federal is
> suffering from
>a shortage of officers, the best idea is to fire a perfectly good
>officer/agent instead of finding a simple solution to an easy problem.

Hmh - how often do they use their gun anyway? From what I heard about the
procuring of a new sidearm for bavarias police, the main criteria were
weight and comfort of wear, as officers will just carry the gun for 99% of
the time...

<snip>

>         And my answer to those would also be yes, now, when they knock on my
>door and say, "We also need $30 a month so that you can pay for some
>lazy bastard who doesn't feel like working and just wants to lay around
>his house, screw his woman and pump out kids like a machine gun. (ie.
>welfare)"  I would say to get off my property.
>         Welfare and food stamp and unemployement fraud is through the roof,
>take the money from those programs and give them to the law enforcement
>agencies.

Not that I really want to reply to this, but IMHO agencies would definately
need the money in that case, because of rising crimerates. Oh, and just
because the are people who don't need the money, some in fact have to
depend on it... It's basically the same sh1t as banning all firearms
because some are used for criminal acts :)

Arclight