Re: FBI re-evaluation of issue weapons ->Re: Armored cars

Arclight wrote:

> Von Benjamin Lott :
>
> <snip>
>
> >         Yes, good idea, since every agency, local and federal is
> > suffering from
> >a shortage of officers, the best idea is to fire a perfectly good
> >officer/agent instead of finding a simple solution to an easy problem.
>
> Hmh - how often do they use their gun anyway? From what I heard about the
> procuring of a new sidearm for bavarias police, the main criteria were
> weight and comfort of wear, as officers will just carry the gun for 99% of
> the time...

	That's a horrible view.  Why should i put my seatbelt on, i never use
it?  The thing you rarely use is the thing most often overlooked.....and
the thing that will get you killed.  Unfortunatly, when you are tlaking
about firearms, you almost always only get ONE chance to find out how
well you are with your gun....and after you do, its to late.
> Not that I really want to reply to this, but IMHO agencies would definately
> need the money in that case, because of rising crimerates. Oh, and just
> because the are people who don't need the money, some in fact have to
> depend on it... It's basically the same sh1t as banning all firearms
> because some are used for criminal acts :)
>
> Arclight

	I don't think that banning the mentioned programs altogether is the
answer, but restricting them and regulating them is definatly in order.
Much like firearms! =)