Re: FBI re-evaluation of issue weapons ->Re: Armored cars

> > Also, I really doubt that the type of shoelaces will have any effect in
> > the heat of a gunfight with criminals.
>
> I wasn't talking only about firefights; I was making a general statement
> that having a choice in equipment will increase expenditure, regardless of
> whether it's firearms, cars, shoelaces, or whatever that you're talking
> about.

	I was talking baout firefights, only thing to do with a gun besides
train with it.  In my experience, no amount of training can equal a
"natural" fit.

> > And the type of cruiser <BTW, my local police actually
> > DO operate 2 different types of cruisers, and CHP (California Highway
> > Patrol) currently operates one cruiser, two intercepters, and one 4wd
> > cruiser
>
> Which is comparing apples to oranges. If they had three or four different
> models of 4WD, ten different "cruisers" (whatever those may be) and a
> similar number of types of "interceptors" (ditto) available to officers

	A mid 80s mustang and a 2000 Camaro are quite a differnce, and as far
as In kknow, they do in-house repair and maintence.
	And while there is no way I will argue that having an exclusive
specialty is bad, but I would hope that a FBI gunsmith could handle
knowing how to strip and repair two or three types of firearm.  Striping
and repair is much easier to learn and implement, compared to drawing
and placing your first shot in center-mass under stressful situations.
	In short, let's agree that we disagree=)